Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Hancocks - 12/17/11


Since its the week of Christmas, I'm keeping my reports from the weekend nice and short. On Saturday, December 17th, my brother and I hiked North and South Hancock. It was number 42 and 43 for my brother. There was a trace of snow to a few inches throughout the whole hike, and it is slowly starting to get packed down. It was cold, but not freezing, and it snowed lightly throughout our entire hike. For my brother Bill it was peaks 42 and 43, and for me it was another Trailwright and Grid hike.

The view was socked in on North Hancock, however from South Hancock, we had a great view from the lookout, which I did not experience last time because of extremely deep snow. (shown above) More than the views, we both really enjoyed the surroundings and the pleasant wintry weather on the approach and exit.

Here is a quick video showing portions of our hike.



Hike Stats
Trails: Hancock Notch Trail, Cedar Brook Trail, Hancock Loop Trail
Distance: 9.8 miles
Elevation Gain: 2,700 ft.
Book Time: 5hrs 25min

No comments:

Post a Comment