Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Challenging Moments of My 2011 Quest for the White Mountain 4000 Footers

Superhuman? Not quite. But there's no question about it, hiking to the summit of 48 peaks over 4000 feet is a challenge that requires a lot of determination and facing the elements. For some, its a lifetime challenge, never mind done a year (except some can do it just days). In a nutshell, below is a list of some of the most challenging moments I have faced along my journey to hike AMC's White Mountain 4000 footers. For those who have hiked the 48, I invite you to share a challenging moment you faced by leaving a comment on this post.
Although I am no SuperHuman, Eastern Mountain Sports has invited me to share a unique Infographic that highlights some of the people in this world who truly exemplify ridiculous SuperHuman abilities. Check this out. There's no limit to what we are capable of, and you don't know if you don't try.

Be Superhuman with Outdoor Gear and Equipment from EMS.com

For those who might be interested in honing their skills in the outdoors, EMS Exploration offers schools for climbing and kayaking and other outdoors activities. Their wide range of courses allow you to choose from learning about the essentials all the way to advanced courses where you can obtain certifications for teaching others. I intend on taking the Winter Climbing 101 class this winter in anticipation of another challenge I'm thinking of.

Thank you to Eastern Mountain Sports for recognizing my quest and asking me to incorporate a cool message of theirs into my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment